6.15.2009

Book #28 Day Job: A Workplace Reader for the Restless Age by Jonathan Baird

Day Job: A Workplace Reader for the Restless Age
By Jonathan Baird
Compiled by Carol M. Allen
Edition: illustrated
Published by Allen & Osborne, 1998
ISBN 0966080521, 9780966080520
155 pages

This was a quick read, a book that anyone who works in customer service can get right behind. I swear I have heard some of the same shit pour outta my boss' mouth. Corporate gigs seem to be the limbo before total soul death. The book's pages are presented to look as if cut out of a typed (as in typewriter) journal, and pasted onto the page. It's fucking hard to read, the white space is jagged and the leading is uneven. As an art installation, it's visually pleasing, as a read - Headache inducing.

My brain hurts. I finished two books today and this is my sixth review. I'm dizzy with words. I have seven days left and I'm really looking forward to the end. I wanna cry right now. I'm so closed to finished, but I would love to walk away right now. I have an episode of True Blood waiting - waiting for another day. I'm just really tired...

Two out of Four Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment