5.13.2009

Book #11 Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield


Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time
By Rob Sheffield
Edition: reprint
Published by Random House Inc, 2007
ISBN 1400083036, 9781400083039
224 pages

This book made me cry, more then once. It's heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time. I'll just skip to the specific jerking of tears right here: page 66-67.

"...She worries way too much what people thought of her, wore her heart on her sleeve, expected too much from people, and got hurt too easily. She kept other people's secrets... She loved to get up early in the morning. She loved to talk about wild things she wanted to do in the future..."

The way he described Renee. I want someone, someday to write about me like that. To be loved that deeply and to have someone express it in such a sweet way.

I love mix tapes and I miss that people don't make them anymore. I miss getting mix tapes. Trying to find the hidden meaning in the set list.

This book hit me close to the same place High Fidelity hit me. It's my desert island all time favorite book. I so love High Fidelity that on my first date with Bobby, when he told me he'd never read it, I silently handed over a reader copy I would keep in my bag at all times just in case. Love is a Mix Tape feels that same way to me, so yes, once this challenge is over I'm buying it.

Four out of Four Stars.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book and i LOVE High Fidelity. HF is one of my top 5 of all time.

    I dig this list. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete